Saturday 4 February 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow.....

Afternoon peeps, when this gets posted I shall be at work in the freezing cold, cos we have to have our doors open unless its blowing a gale, although we might be under a foot of snow as you are reading this........lol. In complete contrast to the weather this weeks challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is a beach theme.....'Vacation at the Beach'.
For my card I used papers and an image from Crafty Individuals, but the suitcase is a stamp from B Line. The shells I have used on this card are some I have collected or brought whilst on holiday, the larger shell which has such beautifull colours inside I brought from a shop in Amsterdam, now this shop was in the middle of the Red Light district tucked inbetween a drug shop and a sex shop, funny place for a shop like that to be, and before you say anything you have to explore the local places of interest whilst on holiday......lol, they did have some amazing shops there all  rather too naughty to describe and we didn't pop into any of the cafes either. The little shells I picked up from lake Garda last year, they are sooooo dinky, just knew they would come in handy one day.


The shell corner stamps are from CI and I embossed them with Tea Dye distress embossing powder so that it looked and felt like sand

Looking forward to seeing your vintage designs for this weeks challenge
Have a lovely weekend

Challenges
Allsorts.......free and easy
hugs n smiles

14 comments:

Anne said...

What a super card Daniele. Hope you don't get too cold today. Hugs x

Joey said...

Oooooh Daniele I hope its not too cold with those doors open eeek. Your creation is stunning, I love the muted colours and the old image. Joey xx

mags said...

Beautiful Daniele. Love the soft colours and the added details - shells look great. Hope you don't get too cold at work.
Mags
x

Doreen said...

Simply Stunning Daniele. Love the colours you used.
Have a nice weekend
Hugs
Doreen

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous, I love everything about it. (And yes, sure, absolutely, I believe you when you say you only went into the one shop, ummm hmmmm... LOL! ;)

Unknown said...

HI Daniele, wow this is a super card! I love those gorgeous shells you added, and I don't believe a word of this story about seeing the sights, you just wanted to see all the naughty stuff, admit it!!!! LOL
I can imagine you have been very cold at work, are they afraid the cutomers wont be able to open the door themselves?? ;-)
Have a great Sunday, huggles Frea

Vicky said...

Wow this is so gorgeous Daniele..and the wee shells are so cute..!

have a lovely evening...and stay warm..big hugs Vicky xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous card, love your 'bathing belle'. The shells are a gorgeous finishing touch.
Yvonne x

Maggie said...

Gorgeous vintage card Daniele!

Maggie H

Patti P. said...

How fabulous!!! I love this image and that you used real shells. I didn't even know about the distressed embossing powder,tfs. Wonderful card, Daniele. I am sorry you are having to work in the cold, I hear Europe is very cold now. Wish I could share our warmer temps this winter.
hugs....

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Daniele this is super, the design and image is fantastic this is such a delight to me as I love anything vintage and I think that falls into that category, you have created something beautiful here.
hugs
Lorraine x

Lynn Stevens said...

Well Daniele I do hope your NOT under a foot of snow!
Your page sure warmed me up, longing for the sunshine, the smell of salt air and warmer temperatures.
Lovely page.
hugs Lynn

Fliss said...

Really stunning Daniele. A gorgeous image and beautiful layering and textures on there.
I think Sugar Creek Hollow must be trying to tease us with this theme in such freezing weather lol
Hugs, Fliss xx

Ally said...

well I don't hope that you are not covered with snow :)
it's a wonderful card, I love your style!
xxx, Alessandra