Sunday 9 May 2010

Recycled

After lunch I've had a play around with all the bits and pieces that I got left from last week I sprayed 3 flowers as well as other bits and bobs....as you do, and as you know I save all the scrap sheets of glimmer mist as they make fabbie flowers with a bit of bling.....


.....so today I cut out the piece that had the flowers masks on even though it has runny marks on it I think it adds to the interest. I know when I saw a demo using glimmer mists the lady blotted the paper after spritzing. I was agast what a waste.....I never do this as I love the puddle effects you get..... I stamped over the bare part of the paper with a floral outline stamp....from Papermania....got it ages ago and hadn't used it much up until now. I then stamped an additional 3 flowers the same from another srcap piece as well as 3 other style of flowers and then cut these out. Rather than placing the flowers I kinda dropped them in place and then tweeked.....hoping to create a more natural look. There are no rude words on the text paper as its a childrens book about a Princess.....do I read Italian...no but the picture on the front was a giveaway...La Piccola Principessa....the little princess, I started to study Italian for a year at college and had every intention of learning more but soon found out if you speak to someone they think you're fluent and rabbit off........stick to ordering a cappucino and an ice cream much safer.



Anyway back to the card the text paper was distressed with 4 inks and then spritzes with gold perfect pearls.....well a gal has got to try other things as well....lol. The swirl stamp is from the same set of stamps and before the ink drieds I sprinkled gold embossing powder on it.......I love the effect that you get doing this as its kinda ages it, if that makes sense. To cut a long story short the ticket is from Tim Holtz, as is the memo pin.



Challenges are

Mojo Monday......sketch...bit of a late entry I know!!
Tuesday Taggers......Recycled.
Gingersnap.........Use text
Creative Beli......make a B/day card using something forgotten....well I def. forgot about these stamps but not anymore.
Totally Papercrafts.....Stitching.
Praire Fairy....recycle.


                                                         Thanks for taking a peek
                                                            Hugs from Daniele x

19 comments:

2amscrapper said...

great card and wonderful way to work in those challenges

Cor* said...

This is so fantastic! I never know what to do with my pearl colors...& I am in for cappacino and ice cream! Thanks for playing with the fairies this week! Good luck

Margreet said...

such a great card Danielle....love your story.....thanks for joining FFF this week!
xxx Margreet

Sally H said...

Oh wow! Stunning card! Thanks for recycling with us at TT this week!

Terry said...

Hiya Danielle thanks for joining us at FFF this week with youre fab recycled card...wow...
Hugs Terry xxx

Amy said...

wow..fabulously pretty!

Unknown said...

How creative Daniele! I love all your distressing. Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays. Good luck! Viv xxx

CarlaKH said...

How cool! I love the flowers and the glimmer mist is so fun! thanks for joining us at FFF this week!

Sue said...

Hi Danielle
beautiful card, lovely papers,pretty flowers, great stitching, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you again next week, sue.

Annie said...

how fabulously creative and a stunning card - I love the pretty details and the touch of sparkle around the edges of some of the flowers.
hugs, annie x

Zoechaos said...

I'm with you the pools and drips and spolges from spray paints add so much to the finish. Fantastic recycling, thank you for sharing with us at TT this week.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty card - love the colors and the shabby chic feel. Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Thanks for joining in the Birthday challenge at the Creative Belli Blog- I love the card and all of the flowers you made, and bet the shimmer IRL is awesome!

Katy said...

Gorgeous colours. Thanks for playing along with Gingersnaps!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love how you've used your masked shimmery scraps, and how you've added the flowers on top. And I love the Italian text for the Gingersnap creations theme. I had to chuckle about your experience.... when I was in college, I traveled to Austria and thought I'd try out my 5 years of German studies (all done in the US, so you know what that means....). As soon as I asked a question in German, I got a rapid-fire answer in some language that wasn't even vaguely familiar, ROFL!! TFS!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous, love the distressed look & the flowers :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous card, love the distressing and the colours. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays! I do hope you will join us again next week, and good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Love the soft colors!




Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!

xoxox

Trisha said...

Thanks for joining us at FFF this week. Your card is absolutely awesome! Love it! P.S. Come check out my candy! XXX Trisha