Friday 21 May 2010

60th Birthday Day Card

Its the 60th birthday of the boss that my husband works for next week, so I thought I'd make him a card......might score some brownie points. Quite getting into making male cards now. I kinda followed the theme of a shadow box, as the challenge at Ink on my fingers is Red and Hels has made a lovely shadow box as her project. I started off with a 5x5ins piece of card and cut it up using the car image as the focal point. The pieces were distressed with the following colours: Fired Brick,Tattered Rose,Aged Mahogany and victorian velvet and some of them were spritzed with gold perfect pearls......gotta have a smidge of bling.


 I used the following stamps for the collage: Words are from the venice collection by Dark Room Door, the car is from B Line, the quote and the stamp are from Paper Arsty (hot picks) and the rest are from Crafty Secret clear art stamps......these are my faves at the moment.....just love the minature music stamp except the clock face which is from Crafty Individuals.


Challenges
Theme Thursday......Hands, mine are the hands of the clock.
Gingersnap creations.......Quote.


Quixotic......word art, sentiments.
Crafty Creations......celebration....this card is for a 60th Birthday.
Double Dutch.......card with a number on it.


Ink on my Fingers.....use red.
Lots to do.....stamped collage
Our creative corner.......male card


have a great day
hugs from Daniele x

18 comments:

Saskia said...

So beautiful and elegant!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with this lovely card! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(Guest Designer)

Femmy said...

really beautiful!!!

Netty said...

I love this card, but then you knew I would......... Have a great weekend, Annette x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Daniele, this is beautiful! What a great birthday card. I bet you score a LOT of brownie points for this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Gingersnaps!

K said...

great card!

Amy said...

this is all too cool..I don't know how you get all the squares lined up to be so perfect..I love that.

M@rtine said...

Great card you have made, I like the colors you used and the vintage look of it.

Thank you for joining us at the Double Dutch Challenge.

Martine

Netty said...

Thanks for telling me about the craft sale and a demo..........for next Sunday, will be there, let nobody stop me.......woo hoo.
Annette xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is lovely, and thank you for the comment on my rather wayward birthday cards :) lol

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous

craftyb said...

fabulous guy card...love the shadow box idea...it works beautifully for this card...thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Dan said...

Loving the earth tones on this stylish card - Thanks for taking part in this week's Gingersnap Creations challenge!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card, this is a stunner! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper and with Gingers too x

Chrissie said...

Fabby card Daniele, I love it!
Chrissie

Lynn Stevens said...

A wonderful Birthday card . Love all the elements, Thanks for joining in at gingersnap!

Cheryl said...

I love your stamped collage!

Kim Dellow said...

Just wonderful! Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

Jean Franks Beck said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the Gingersnap challenge!